This is our cat Tiger, who inspired this question while sleeping in a box lid this morning...How does being in a box reflect getting outside of MY box?
Last week I spoke to the San Francisco chapter of e-WomenNetwork on Growing Seeds of Creativity to Make your Business Bloom. One of the three secrets I shared to growing a thriving business was to be open to NEW experiences, stay CURIOUS, and BREAK OUT of routines.
Cats are known for being curious. They poke their noses into new places. They look for new places to sleep and hide. They explore the neighborhood at night. They bat at unidentified flying objects.
How do you stay curious and try new things in your life and work?
(Here’s what the Thesaurus says about curious: inquisitive, inquiring, snooping, interested, questioning, probing, nosy, and prying). The opposite of curious is apathetic!
Here are a few ways I have tried to be CURIOUS.
Please add your CURIOUS about NEW Things tips to the list.
- · Ask my parents questions about their lives
- · Try new foods and recipes
- · Talk to people I don’t know and am drawn to in a store or at a social gathering
- · Follow hunches
- · Explore what has meaning in my every day choices
- · Intuitive painting
- · Follow my natural rhythms for a whole day
- · Play the piano without music
- · Listen to a new musical artist
- · Watch a different kind of movie
- · Read a new publication
Let’s grow our list and watch our creativity inspire a blooming life and business.